- Intellectual Property
- Use of "Tufts" or Any Other Variation or Adaptation
- Additional Disclaimers
- Creative Commons License
Intellectual PropertyCourse Materials
Course materials made available through Tufts OCW are the property of their respective rights holders. Unless otherwise specified the course materials are Copyright Tufts University and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/. The license terms are highlighted here in summary to provide a quick reference to the terms in the Full License Agreement. Under the terms of this license, you are free to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work and to make derivative works, under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
- Any of these conditions can be waived with explicit permission from the copyright holder.
- Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
The Tufts license for OpenCourseWare follows Creative Commons licensing standards. Creative Commons is not a law firm and does not provide legal services. Distributing, displaying, or linking to this License Summary does not create an attorney-client relationship.
This overall website is Copyright ©2005-2010 Tufts University OpenCourseWare (OCW). All rights reserved except as expressly granted herein. All rights not expressly granted by Tufts University are hereby reserved.
Except for limited portions in the public domain, the OCW Materials are copyrighted and are the exclusive property of Tufts, a Tufts faculty member, or their respective licensors. This Agreement conveys a limited right to use the OCW Materials and shall not be construed to convey title in any of the OCW Materials to You. Tufts reserves the right to add, remove, or otherwise modify the content of the OCW Web site at any time without notice to You.
EXCEPTIONS: Use of certain materials, such as photos, graphics, or other objects, contained in the OCW Website is restricted by license agreements between Tufts and other parties. These materials are identified with the following symbol and phrase: "*Restricted Use". Unless otherwise noted, You must seek permission directly from the licensor or copyright owner to reuse these materials.
Prior to making any Open Courseware materials publicly available, Tufts OCW has obtained confirmation from its faculty that all material included in the Tufts OCW site is the property of such faculty member or that appropriate releases have been obtained. Tufts will promptly remove any material that is determined to be infringing on the rights of others. If you believe that a portion of Tufts OCW Material infringes another's copyright, please let us know as soon as possible. If you do not include an electronic signature with your claim, you may be asked to send or fax a follow-up copy with a signature. To file the notification, you must be either the copyright owner of the work or an individual authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. Your notification must include:
- Identification of the copyrighted work, or, in the case of multiple works at the same location, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. You must include sufficient information, such as a specific URL or other specific identification, for us to locate the material.
- Information for us to be able to contact the claimant (e.g., email address, phone number).
- A statement that the claimant believes that the use of the material has not been authorized by the copyright owner or an authorized agent.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that the claimant is, or is authorized to act on behalf of, the copyright owner.
Use of "Tufts" or Any Other Variation or Adaptation"Tufts", "Tufts University", and its logos are registered and unregistered trademarks of Tufts University. All other brand names and logos that appear throughout the Tufts OCW course materials and web pages are marks owned by third parties. Without prior written consent of the Tufts Office of the University Counsel, you may not use the names "Tufts University" or "Tufts", the name of any school at Tufts University, the name of any of the trustees, officers, faculty, students, employees, or agents of Tufts University, or any other trademark owned by Tufts, in any promotional material or other public announcement concerning OCW Materials, except when such use is as an attribution to the OCW Materials as required by the preceding paragraphs. Further, upon request from OCW or by Tufts or by any Tufts faculty member, you must remove the faculty member's name from any derivations or modifications of the OCW Materials. Any request for consent should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional DisclaimersTufts University and the author/s of materials contained on the Tufts OCW site do not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services that may be mentioned on this website.
The contents of this Website, including text, graphics, images, information, and other material are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Tufts University reserves the right at any time to modify, discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or part of the website or its content without prior notice.
PrivacyTufts Open Courseware respects your privacy. We do not collect personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily provide it, such as when you provide email contact information to subscribe to the OCW newsletter, send feedback to OCW, or respond to a survey. If you voluntarily provide your email address or other contact information, we might also use it to inform you of changes to OCW, to survey you about your use or opinion of OCW, or to ask for your support. At your request, we will remove your contact information from our files.
We do not make your contact information or any other personally identifiable information available to anyone outside OCW or its service providers (who use the information only for authorized OCW purposes) unless we are legally required to do so.
In addition to the above, we collect certain anonymous (non-personally identifiable) information to help us improve the OCW web site and to evaluate the access and use of OCW materials and the impact of OCW on the worldwide educational community:
- We collect information you provide about your use of and satisfaction with OCW through email you send us, through the OCW feedback form, and through OCW surveys, whether or not you voluntarily include your contact information.
- We may use web analysis tools that are built into the OCW web site to measure and collect anonymous session information.
- We also use "cookies" to improve your OCW web experience and to collect anonymous information about how you use OCW. However, cookies are not required for OCW use. If your browser is configured not to accept cookies, you will still be able to access OCW and its content.
When we report information about OCW access, use, and impact, we report aggregate, non-personally identifiable data. Occasionally, we report quoted feedback from users. We do not attribute feedback to specific individuals unless we obtain permission to use that person's name along with the feedback.
Creative Commons LicenseA Creative Commons license protects the copyright holder's work while encouraging certain uses of the work such as reuse and the creation of derivative works. Tufts OCW material is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
- Read the brief summary of the Creative Commons 3.0 license.
- Read the full Creative Commons 3.0 license