Introduction to Game Development
Assignment 1: Preliminaries
This assignment is worth 5 points. You must work on this assignment individually. Your response to each question must not exceed one-page typed. Wikipedia is not an acceptable source. No late submissions accepted.
1. Please answer the following questions:
- List all the video game systems (consoles) that you have ever owned.
- Do you have any game development experience? If yes, please describe.
- Have you ever had an internship? If yes, please describe.
2. There are many games that I did not mention in the history of computer/video games, but are deserving to be mentioned. Write a review on such a game. Please cite any sources. Your review must contain the following:
- Quick summary
- The good aspects of the game
- The bad aspects of the game (including any bugs)
- Why does this game belong to the "hall of fame?"
- Resources related to this game (e.g., articles, websites, papers)
3. There has been a number of infamous blunders in video game history: from a really poor idea to ego-clashing between superstar developers. Research a blunder in video game history. What happened? What were the results (e.g., impact to game publisher)? What would you have done differently? Your response must contain references and facts: saying that a game is a blunder because it was difficult is not acceptable!