Readings: Session 22
An introduction to biomass energy, a renewable resource. Donald L.Klass. Biomass Energy Research Association. (no date).
Extracts from Clean Cities – Alternative Fuels Data Center. U.S. Department of Energy (no date).
An Introduction to Biomass Energy, a Renewable Resource
- What is the estimated potential of biomass for meeting our energy requirements?
- What are the driving forces which make the use of biomass for energy attractive?
- What are the usable products yielded by the technologies that process and convert biomass for fuel?
- What is the trend with reference to the share of the energy derived from biomass in the total energy expenditure in US over time?
- How important have the government incentives been in propping up the industry involved in energy production from biomass?
- What is the environmental impact of using biomass as source of energy?
- What are the projected economic impacts of a growing biomass energy industry?
- What are the barriers to the growth of biomass energy industry?
- What are the advantages of using biodiesel?
- Which government legislation promotes the use of biofuels?
- What are the advantages of using bioethanol?