Agricultural influences on carbon emissions and sequestration. Andrew S. Ball and Jules Pretty. (2002).
Energy and Conservation for the 1990s. W.W. Frye.
Agricultural Influences on Carbon Emissions and Sequestration
- How do agricultural systems contribute to carbon emissions?
- What are the three strategies suggested for carbon sequestration and reducing CO2 emissions from agricultural systems?
Energy and Conservation for the 1990s
- What is agriculture’s share of the total energy used in the US?
- What are some of the high energy consuming farming operations?
- Why are nitrogen fertilizers important in the context of achieving energy reduction in agriculture?
- What are some of the cultivation practices outlined for increasing nitrogen efficiency?
Is carbon sequestration in agriculture economically feasible? ERS http://www.erusda.gov/Amberwaves/April04/Findings/IsCarbon.htm