- Do you experience any anxiety when visiting a dentist?
- Does the sight of blood or a needle bother you?
- Would you like to be sedated during dental treatment?
- If the responses are “yes” for the above questions, the patient should receive “stress management” during dental treatment.
- Do you experience any tingling numbness in your hands and
- If yes, has it been progressing upward to your elbows from the tips of your fingers or, from the tips of your toes to your knees? (Glove and stocking-type neuropathy.)
- Have you ever been scalded by hot water, because you don’t feel the change of water temperature?
- If the responses are “yes” for either of the two questions, rule out (determine if a condition is present or not) diabetes in both instances.